Monday, July 02, 2007

Sad week

We have recently suffered a great loss at our house... a deep and regretfully painful loss. I hate to be the bearer of ill tidings, but I thought you all should know.

The other day our wireless internet went out. In the middle of an email the connection died, and when I checked the "tower thingy" it was red. I messed with the plug and suddenly there was a great vibration of color, one final and glorious hurrah, and then bam. It was gone. Just like that.

It's a very sad week, and Einstein and I are working on picking up the pieces and moving forward again. We'll be conducting our own autopsy to see if we can discover the cause of death before ordering up a replacement. Until then, you will find me sitting in the driveway with a dilapidated laptop trying to access my email through my extremely kind neighbors' wireless service.

Since I am still paying my own monthly service fee, this is guilt-free mooching at it's best. Now if only I could get the connection to hold for more than a few minutes at a time, we'd be in business.

Think good thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Hope your computer gets resurrected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 AM

    I've been through this it is not fun... at all! I hope you don't lose any pictures, that is the worst. :-(

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter