Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Uh, what's my job??

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I know, it has been awhile. I can't seem to find the time anymore. For months now... ever been there?

It occurred to me this morning as I discovered, yet again that we have no cereal in the house, that I'm really working more than three jobs here. Why is it that this has never crossed my mind before?

House-cleaner (working overtime now that we've advertised our apartment)
Personal chef and shopper (stores are NOT open late here)
Teacher - Grade 5
Teacher - Grade 2
Mother/Nurse/Laundress/Magic-maker
Wife

I know there's some overlap there, but honestly, it's a lot of work. I need more hours in the day to get everything done. Is it a planning issue or just a really full plate? I don't even know anymore.

What I'd like to add to the above list is Writer. But despite my best intentions, it's not happening. This blog, obviously, has not been happening. And that novel I'm still editing, again, not happening so much. I haven't even managed to read blogs in the last few months. How sad is that!?! I'm just feeling so blah and ick that I don't even know where to start.

So... let me start with YOU. I'm going to try to eek out some time this week for blog reading. Please leave me your blog addy in the comments and I'll pop over for a visit.

9 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I am up until midnight writing, and then waking at 7am to do all the housework, the homeschooling, the psychological consulting, the paid tutoring work ... !

    How are you enjoying living in Switzerland? Are you settling in okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's good to know that I'm not alone!

    I don't know if I'll ever be "settled" in Switzerland. As soon as I think I am, I'm suddenly not. I think this is par for the course though as an expat, especially an expat defying the status quo. It's extremely pretty and the traveling has been great, but I do miss my freedoms (both real and imagined) in the US. As long as I don't think about it too much, I'm okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:31 PM

    For some reason, there seems to be a lot of the blahs going around. I'm sorry to hear that you have it too. Many bloggy friends have taking hiatuses from blogging. I know that I've not gotten most things done that I want to do. Partly, for me, it's being on the computer too much...but not on the computer doing useful stuff (like editing).

    My last post was from a few days ago...a little tour of our garden...but I don't know if that'll make you happy or depress you.

    Hugs and I hope you'll feel better/happier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, thanks Teresa. I'm actually getting my own garden space here in a couple of weeks, so that will soften the blow when I see how amazing yours is! Headed over there now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. www.cyfaill.blogspot.com

    I've been posting a lot. I will have to tell you the funny shocking story of the post I deleted but now babies are crying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm a lurker (lol) and I don't think I've ever said hi. Don't know if you're interested in my blog but it's www.hollyhock-hill.blogspot.com . I have a very small Waldorf category and the rest is just our life.
    I have enjoyed your blog! I think I might have found it through the Christopherus forum when I used to subscribe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all feel your attempts to get back into the swing of things! I think something about this end of summer time..
    Many blessings to you as you contemplate your journey!

    Carrie
    www.theparentingpassageway.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shonda! (Now we've met properly!) You have a lovely blog and beautiful kids. I look forward to visiting your posts.

    And Carrie, thanks. I've just popped over to your site and you've already given me MUCH to think about. Lovely.

    Happily Ever, I can't wait to hear your funny/shocking story! Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sara, I am so happy to see that you have posted again! I read through your blog quite a bit last year when we were beginning second grade. Thanks so much for all that you share!

    I hope you somehow find the time that you need for yourself. I have recently started keeping a blog at heirloomseasons.blogspot.com

    Now I'm off to read your next post.
    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter