Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Seeing

I spent last week playing catch up. It's amazing how much housework builds up when you can't see.

The good word is that my eyes have been good all week. I went to my local optometrist for an eye test last Tuesday, and after very minimal testing and a bit of conversation, I was abruptly sent away again. He pronounced that I didn't need glasses, and that perhaps I should never, ever get my eyes dilated again.

He took my eyeglass prescription that I was given the previous week and eyed it curiously. I don't know much about these things, but apparently it stated that I was both near-sighted and far-sighted, and I had an astigmatism in both eyes as well. Stranger still, I could actually see with this prescription when I was still under the effects of the eye drops. I could actually see very well, only I couldn't walk. Everything seemed to be the wrong dimensions.



Fast forward to my last eye test, after the effects of the drops finally wore off, and without correction I could read everything this doctor put in front of me. For grins he showed me my sight with the prescription, and I could see nothing. Everything was a warped blur!

It's just all so curious to me! And I'm sure thankful that things are back to normal. My original eye concerns this doctor brushed away as perhaps indicative that I need more sleep. Mothers of young children don't get enough, he said, they are always tired. Ain't it the truth! So I've been working on that too. Sleep is really a nice thing.

Because of my current eyesight theme, a friend recommended I take a look at St. Odilia for Moonshine's saints/heroes lesson. Absolutely a perfect choice for us this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter